Friday, October 1, 2010

Kids Ghost Project ~

Kids | Craft Inspiration
My kiddos wanted to make ghosts this week - so I grabbed a few materials and let the spooky fun begin! I definitely didn't reinvent the wheel with this project, but the kids had a great time. 

We started by laying out our postal wrapping paper (any paper would work) and scrunching them into balls (yes, scrunching is a technical term for making a ball and squeezing it really hard).

We then stuck our chopsticks into the center of each ball. We glued and taped the sticks into place.

Then more scrunching of the tissue paper this time. 

We rolled out our tissue paper and started to assemble our ghosts.


Now it was time to dress these guys up. We added some very nice burlap scarves.

But to spook them up a bit, I pulled out the vertical pieces of the burlap.


Bring on the buttons! It was fun to watch the kiddos pick through all of the buttons to find just the right ones. Then we glued them on to complete our project.


I just love how they each have their own personalities!


My kiddos have been flying them around the house - and are very proud of their Halloween creations!


I decided to add a bit of bling to mine...I mean, why not?

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
 

Sources:
Postal Kraft Wrapping Paper - Fred Meyer
Tissue Paper - Costco
Button Mix - Tuesday Morning
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue - Michaels

Linked to:
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello








10 comments:

Jane said...

They should be proud of these...they are wonderful. It's nice to see your kids are taking after their mom in the creative department!
Jane

katskraps4kids said...

Love these! How easy and perfect for Halloween!

I am gonna have to make these too...oh, my list gets longer & longer...=)

I love making things with the kids too- gives them a sense of accomplishment and joy!

John H said...

Love these ghosts - what a great idea.

Lindy said...

Thanks for all the cool ideas! Love the ghosts - if one can REALLY love ghosts!

Unknown said...

Just adorable and fun to do with the kids! Come see my Vintage Inspired Pantyhose Pumpkin that has everyone talking. Be sure to click on the VOTE BUTTON in the post and head over to the SLS Pumpkin Decorating Contest and vote for Tesoro Fino and help support me in winning. See what others are saying in the comments! Love your site and am now a "Follower". Your posts are very inspiring!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

SO weird...I posted yesterday about making similar ghosts with my kids! We made ours with lightweight fabric and hung them from the trees outside.

I think you and I are craft twins!
xo, cass

Home Hinges said...

I love how kid friendly these are. They aren't too ghoulish for my little 'fraidy cats. They would love to make these. Great idea.
April @ HomeHinges.com

Envymycooking said...

We would love to feature you. Come on over to our site and check us out..

Also we have a free beadboard giveaway going on now

Unknown said...

We made the ghosties (as they are now called) this morning. So fun, easy and I'm blow away by how careful and concentrated the efforts were with a 4 and 5 year old to pick out the perfect button eyes. Yay!

Thank you so much for all your creativity.

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Simply adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails