Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bat Vase ~

DIY | Project Inspiration
 DecoArt recently sent me a few items to try out. I decided to try out the Americana Gloss Enamels on a recent Goodwill vase. I started by printing out a bat image from the Graphics Fairy. I downloaded the image and then re-sized it to fit my vase.

I cut out the image and taped it to the inside of my vase. 

I then traced the image with my paint brush and the Gloss Enamels. 

The paint went on really well, but you can definitely see the strokes. You can kind of see in the image below. To cure the image onto the glass you can either air cure for 21 days or bake in the oven after the surface has dried for 48 hours. Of course, I couldn't wait that long to post - so I will be baking it tomorrow.
I like how it turned out and love the graphics simplicity.  But I am thinking I might add a spooky word or even the number 31...hum.



What do you think - would you add anything else?

Sources:
Gloss Enamals - Michaels
Glass Vase - Goodwill
Burlap Garland - Michaels
Roman Bust - Flea Market
Twigs - Backyard

Linked to:
Brag Monday at The Graphics Fairy




10 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I think I like it simple as it is, Chelsea. Maybe a set of other designs though if you can find them. How cute lined up and filled with Halloween type candy.

Chris said...

Love it and I will definitely be making one this weekend! The possibilities are endless! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Really cute. I would keep it simple as it is too. I always wanted to try painting on glass. I will give this a try. I really like it!

Erin @ The Little Apartment said...

That turned out great! I think simple looks best, but that's just me (:

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

So cute Chelsea! I like the simplicity of just the bat. Love the way it looks filled with candy corn.

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Usually I'm a "more is more" person, but I like the simplicity of this. Turned out great!

KM Studios said...

You've done it again Chelsea!! _ simple but awesome!!!
You ask if it could use anything...Im really into the glitter Haloween stuff..how about covering the bat with black glitter?...but its still great as is.
Love it with the candy corn inside!!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

I LOVE it full of candy corn!

Unknown said...

Really cute, I love the idea. So is the paint washable after it is painted on? I have a cricut and boy these would be crazy fun to make with some of the cuts I have done.

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Love it!!! It's simple and classy, such a great look!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails