Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Price my Space...Our Reading Room


Last time I really enjoyed Price My Space at Nesting Place... so I decided to price what we call our reading room. It is our front room (formally the dining room) where we have a computer for the kiddos and a nice place for all of us to sit and read together. As a dining room we only used it about twice a year, as a "reading room" we use it just about everyday.
So here we go:
1. The couch and the rug were hand-me-downs (super lucky).
2. The panels came from TJMaxx and were $30 for both.
3. Window Rod was $60 from Linens N Things
4. The coffee table was $150
5. Kids chairs were $79.99 at Babies R Us
6. The throw was $30ish on sale at Pottery Barn forever ago, and the pillows were $9.99 from TJMaxx 7. The mirror is one of those great $99 mirrors that Costco has every once in awhile.
8. The fluer-de-lis were $16.99 from TJMaxx (repainted)

9. Wall sconces $14.99 from Home Goods, tea light holders $5ish from Michaels.

10. Desk I believe was $129.99 from Target (the chair is part of our dining room set)
11. The print and frame from Cost Plus $30ish

The grand tally is...$783ish. This was fun!
I just might have to do this in all our rooms :).

12 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

What a great use of the space, with a desk/office tucked into the corner, plus comfortable sitting for all! I love how people are rethinking the traditional uses for a space and are making them into rooms that work!
Enjoy it...Janell
p.s. GREAT shopping BTW

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Your room looks WAY more expensive than $783ish. ;) Great job!!! I like the fleur de lis and the mirror against that paint color. Very pretty room! Visiting from The Nester's party. :)

Michelle Marsh said...

LOVE your paint and bead board - along with everything else. Do share! Very pretty overall and clever use of space!

Jen said...

Everything looks so perfect together! Nice job!

Annette said...

What a beautiful room! I love the colors. It looks so warm and inviting.

Unknown said...

An elegant but comfy space. Great re-use. I'm wondering if you put your dining furniture in storage, or did you change rooms?

Room to Inspire said...

We changed rooms. We made the "living room" the "dining room". We offset the dining room table and took the leaves out, so it takes up a lot less space. Then on the opposite side we have a piano. I will take some photos and post soon. It has been so nice...before we never used either of the rooms, now we use them both!

Amber B. said...

Came over from Nesting Place. What a great room! And I noticed that you have something against the wall under the desk--I guess to hide the cords? That is a great idea and looks very nice. :-)

Brittany said...

love that lower 1/2 painted white and the molding, just beautiful!!

southerninspiration said...

looks fantastic!!! I like how you angled the sofa.

Suzanne

Pam @ bibbidi-bobbidi-beautiful said...

Great use of the space and the room looks so cozy! Enjoy it!

Antique Buyer said...

I went to Authentic Provence today and then wondered why I hadn’t gone there sooner.
As soon as I walked in the door I felt as if I had been transported to another place and time. There isn’t enough time in the day to take in all of beautiful things in this store. The first thing that hit me was the sound of the fountains and the delightful scent that filled the air. Garden Antiques and fountains in French Limestone , urns and planters in different hues of terra cotta from France, chandeliers and lanterns, tables and chairs, masks and reliefs and that is only the start. There is a plethora of small treasures that catch your eye as you walk through the rooms. All of the different colors and materials are a delight to the eye! If you haven’t been there, you will need to visit this unique showroom.
I will certainly be going back soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails